Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Time to Update.

Yeap Ive been slack I admit it. Just havnt had the get up and go to blog, I look at and read others, just no inclination to do it!!  When I saw that Trina and Lyn have come up with the idea of a blog hop run through Scrapfest on Facebook, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to get up and cranking again. So here we go...
Last week I was in Nelson and had some time to kill while waiting to meet up with Charlie..
I went to Jellicoe  in the Wakatu Estate a wee shop I had heard the girls talking about but never been in..Its a crap photo as it has the reflections of vehicles in the window, but makes it interesting i guess...For those that know me the rest is history, as of course i wasnt capable of going in and coming out with nothing Rofl...First off I spied this transfer in a basket hmmm I thought i like that a lot. As I was  chatting away to the shop assistant, she suggested putting it on a piece of calico and fraying the edges,, yeap I could go along with that I thought.  I then found a wee red flower, a button with a bird on it and the strawberry trinket..Ohhh I said I like this shop I feel like a wee woodhen poking around,, dont you mean a magpie was her answer LOL.. Either way I was happy as..
The chain, rhinestones and canvas I sourced from my stash at home. There was a sentence at the bottom of the transfer which just didnt make sense,  so i cut it off and chose the words "enjoy life" and this is what I came up with..
 
 
 
 
ITS OK TO BE YOU...
 
I had a great day with Elaine a couple of weekends ago, she bought me this awesome wee book, I love it a lot Thankyou E..
 
I Love Quotes they are so meaningful, the following is one of my faves but not from the book above 
 
In life you will realize that there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you. But most important are the ones who bring out the best in you, respect you, accept you for who you are. Those are the ones worth keeping around...♥ ~


Cya later
Brenda

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I found that shop late last year and I know what you mean!!! I rat around in there for ages.. Love what you have done with your bits and bobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzza! How stunning is that Brenda?! Clever girl!

    Sound like there is no way I would come out empty handed either.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love what you've made, you clever lady. And the book looks fab, of course having a cat photo on it helps ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now aren't you just a clever cookie. Guess where we will have to go when we come up. LOL. Love that quote too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jellicoe eh, heard about it but did not know where it was... May have to take a detour on way home from work me thinks...
    Love what you have done on the calico, such a neat idea you came up with Brendy... xx

    ReplyDelete